INSTALL WINDOWS SERVER 2016 AND 2019 - INSTALLATION GUIDE
Prepare installation media (DVD, USB flash, etc.) and start the installation process. If you do not have Windows Server 2016 installation software, download the software from the Microsoft website ... or from our link below:
http://bit.ly/2lTGZUw (Windows Server 2016)
http://bit.ly/2lSuIj7 (Windows Server 2019)
(The file size is around 4Gb and 5GB, in the file there is a choice of Standard or Datacenter, etc.)
(For guidance on how to make a bootable DVD or USB Flash, you can search the internet. Many rides are available.)
1. Connect the Windows Server 2016/2019 (DVD, USB) boot drive to the computer and boot your computer. When the Windows Settings page appears, select your language, time format and keyboard, then click the Next button.
2. Now click on Install now button to start the installation process.
3. Select the appropriate version of the windows server that meets your organization’s needs then click Next. Make sure that you’ve chosen an appropriate edition of Windows server.
4. Put a check mark in the box next to the I accept license terms and click on the Next button. License term is about the way you want to buy license for your server from Microsoft.
5. Select the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option for clean installation. Clean installation is the term used against upgrade. When you upgrade a Windows server you can have your settings, apps, etc from previous version of Windows. When you do the clean installation you can’t have the settings, apps, etc.
6. Select the hard drive that you want to install the windows server on, then click on the New button to do the partitions.
7. After clicking on the New button, some options appear. Specify the amount of the drive based on MB and click on the Apply button. A warning appears which wants you to give the permission to system to create a drive for system files. Click on ok button, if you want to add more drives do this process again. When finished hit Next.
8. After clicking Next the System starts coping all the files from the external drive to internal hard drive. It will take a while so be patient. Be aware that your system will be restarted several times.
9. When the system copied all the files and restarted, finalize your task by entering the required details. Type complex password (composed of uppercase, lowercase, symbol and numbers) twice in the boxes and click on the Finish button. User name is Administrator by default.
10. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons to jump start the screen to a login page and inside the box below the administrator user name, enter the password and press Enter button from the keyboard to sign in the Windows.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons
11. After you logged in the Windows you see the some thing like the picture below. Welcome to Windows Server 2016/2019.
Finally, you have successfully installed Windows Server 2016/2019 and are ready to work. When Windows is installed, you cannot return and for example change the edition. If so, do a clean installation again.
Next ... When you enter the license key later, make sure your PC / Server is connected to the internet.